Friday, August 26, 2011

What A Day!!!

First off, it has been a super busy week because it's the last week before school starts here on Monday. I haven't had any time for blog hopping and commenting, but I'll be getting to that later on this evening or first thing tomorrow. Next, I had not one, but two visits from Mr. Migraine Headache. Thank goodness that was at the beginning of the week. Then, my darling husband had today off so we decided to head down to the Cape for the day, and after a beautiful lobster lunch, we were in a car accident...ugh! Everyone is safe, and the only damage to my car was the mirror on the driver's side. The poor lady that hit us loss control of her vehicle because her brakes didn't work. After she hit us, she had to hit a tree to stop her vehicle...ack! Thankfully, she was safe and we are all safe, and at the end of the day, that is all that matters. So, that's been my week. I really hope that your week was better than mine.

Here is my card for today's Tic Tac Toe Challenge from Blogger's Challenge and the Color Challenge from The Cat's Pajamas. Please click on the links to play along with all of us. The Tic Tac Toe Challenge is something new. Lisa created a tic tac toe board with a crafty element in each square. To get three in a row, I picked embossing, patterned paper, and seam binding/ribbon. The Cornflower Blue, Orange, and Chocolate Chip colors for my card came from the TCP Tuesday Challenge. I used The Cat's Pajamas Birthday Bunny set. My sweet little bunny is colored up with Prismacolor Pencils. (I'm still having fun with those thanks to Dave Brethauer!) The patterned papers are from Stampin' Up. I used the Seeing Spots embossing folder on the bottom of the card and I dressed up the top with some Mango Seam Binding from The Cat's Pajamas.

That's about all for now. I hope that you have a wonderful weekend and if you are around Hurricane Irene (like we are here in New England), please stay safe. Thanks so much for visiting with me...Toodles! :D

10 comments:

Nancy Thomas said...

Very cute Kimberly - I love the orange ribbon at the top. Stay safe!

Stampin in the suburbs said...

Beautiful card to go with a not so beautiful week. So sorry to hear about your accident. I'm sure that wasn't very fun, but as you said, the important thing is that everyone is safe. Let's hope Mr. Migraine leaves with the bad weather.

Basement Stamper said...

hope you are feeling better. Great layout on this card!

BarbaraW said...

This is a darling card. Glad you are ok. Have a much better week coming up.

NanaConnie said...

Love that darling image! Great bow on the orange ribbon. So glad everyone is safe.

Chrissy D said...

Such a cute little bunny!!! Wonderful card!

Lori said...

This is just too cute! Hope you're feeling better and that your school year gets off to a great start!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Darling card- love the Mango seam binding- love the cute bunny. I hate it when Mr Migrane comes to visit. Grrrrr! Glad you are OK after the accident and hope it is not a huge pain to fix the mirror!

Ida said...

I'm late getting around to commenting and just read about your accident. So thankful that no one was seriously hurt. Hope you have not had any more headaches this week.

Your card as always is just adorable. I love the embossing folder you used - been trying to find that one.

Lisa Somerville said...

Such a cute BD card, love the big floppy bunny ears! Wonderful combination of papers and embossing!