Sunday, March 1, 2009

Thanks to Trendy Trees!

Happy Sunday evening to you! I have a fallish looking card to share on a snowy night...lol! Between this eveing and tomorrow, my area should receive a foot or more of the fluffy stuff...YES!! I think that it's so pretty and it will be fun to get another snowman made this season.

I made this card for Kristina Werner's Color Inspiration (Chocolate Chip, Pumpkin Pie, Ruby Red, Old Olive, and Brocade Blue) and for this past Monday's Mojo Sketch #75. I love these colors and this is such a fun layout, I couldn't resist giving them both a try! I went with Stampin' Up's new Trendy Trees set (I can't seem to use this set without making rolling hills for the sweet little trees...lol) and their retired set, Circle of Friendship. The Chocolate Chip patterned paper is from the Bella Rose DSP pack and the Old Olive and Pumpkin Pie patterned papers are from retired packs that I have. The sketch called for a row of circles (Making Memories brads) and then I added a tiny bit of faux stitching and paper piercing.

Thanks so much for stopping by. If it is wintery in your neck of the woods, I hope that you are warm and cozy...Toodles! :D

17 comments:

Caryl P said...

This card is beautiful! The snow hasn't started falling in NH yet, but I'm sure there's plenty of shoveling in my future. Thanks for a non-snowy card to treasure!

{PurpleD} said...

Super beautiful!

Lisa Bohler said...

We maybe used the same set but your card is WAY more adorable than mine!!! I just love how you put it all together!!!

LeAnne said...

Adorable! Great idea to use the DP as grass! DUH, why didn't I think of that!

Anonymous said...

Lovely design!

Anonymous said...

what a great job with the hills...looks like a primitive painting!

Selene Kempton said...

I realized tonight that it's been a while since i REALLY looked at your blog, and can i just say that every creation is better than the next and they are all amazing. WOW!

Kari said...

Gorgeous card!! Love the trees and the grass!!!

Create Fabulous said...

Wow that is pretty! Very nice job being on the top 25!

LeAnne said...

Hey, congrats on making Kristina's roundup! I knew this was a winner!

Traveling Mama said...

Congrats on top 25! LOVE the way you used the DP for the grass. What a great idea!

Maryvel said...

CONGRATULATIONS! Beautiful Card! Love it!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card!! So well put together! Congrats on Kristina's top 25!!

Sharlene said...

Love this card - really easy to look at (I would love to get a card like this!). Congrats and thanks for sharing.

Ida said...

Fantastic card. Perfect for the sketch and I love your rolling hills.

Saxo Stamper said...

Oh this is just so lovely - really nice card - love everything about it.

K

Kathie Bailey said...

Woohoo! Congrats Kimberly! Your card is adorable!