Wednesday, January 21, 2009

That Was Sweet Of You!

Happy Wednesday! Today was a day that I just needed to stamp!!! I'm sure you can relate! I came home from work, made a yummy beef stew for supper, and then went to my Art Room to relax. This is what I ended up creating. I used Julee's Mojo Monday Sketch and the colors came from this week's Color Throw Down. I combined Stampin' Up's Priceless set and the retired set Sweet of You (sentiment) with little touches of faux stitching here and there. An American Crafts black button and a smidgen of May Arts ribbon complete my card.

I also have a little bit of happy news to share. Last week, I was chosen to be in Kristina Werner's Color Inspiration Round-Up (Woo-Hoo!) and Shelley German was sweet enough to pass along a blogging award to me! I'm a lucky girl! Thanks so much for thinking of me! :D

The way that the blogging award works is that I can now pass it along to some pretty fabulous bloggers. So here goes, in no particular order, I nominate...Clara Kubert, Dawn Easton, Tracy Clemente, Nancy Pope, Kathie Bailey, LeAnne Pugliese, Anne Sanborn, Nikki Fairbairn, and Kerry Donovan-Casey for the Butterfly Award. Thank you for all of the beautiful inspiration Ladies and thanks so much to you for stopping by this evening...Toodles! :D

15 comments:

Basement Stamper said...

Love what you did with the colors of this weeks Color Throwdown! I'm hoping to try something tomorrow.

LeAnne said...

Good for you being chosen as one of Kristina's winners! And I love what you've done with the colors and the sketch! So "rewarding" when you can combine! Come back and play again!
LeAnne

dpkennedy said...

Great card! I love the stitches in the corners and this is a great sketch! Awesome job! Thanks for playing!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful card! I love the button on the middle panel - nice touch!! :)

Tammy Hershberger said...

Wow, I need to check out the Mojo Monday sketch! I really love that layout, and you rocked the color combo! Beautiful card! Thanks for playing!

Bev said...

Gorgeous card! Love the colours you have used - just beautiful

hugs Bev x

Bev said...

Beautiful card, love the colour combo
hugs Bev x

Broni said...

Kimberly, this card is super, super cute! I love how you used the colors with the sketch! And your sewing is amazing! And last, but certainly not least, I'm a huge sucker for all those great cut-outs layers!!

Kerry D-C said...

Wow! this card is gorgeous!! Thank you for the award! You are so sweet!!

Flipsi said...

It's a beautiful Card.

Rachael Knight said...

Ooh I really love your work Kimberly. Congrats on being in the roundup last week, very much deserved!

Barbara said...

Great card! Love that faux stitching and the way you used the colors! Thanks for playing the Throwdown!

Clara said...

Congrats on being chosen as one of Kristina's winners! And thank you for the Butterfly award, what a wonderful surprise!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is just beautiful! Thanks for playing! :)

Anne said...

CONGRATS on being a winner! Always can count on you to post some beautiful inspiration to share. {HUGS}

Thank-you for the butterfly award even though I've been lacking in the world of Bloggyland... I'm rebounding and we need to plan a get together my friend with yourself and Clara!

L&H,
-A. :)