Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I'm a lucky girl!!!

Last week, Her Royal Rubberness, Julie Ebersole, and Linda Carnell, the founder of A Muse Artstamps came to New England for a visit!!! I have had the pleasure of meeting Linda before. What a wonderful lady she is! This time around, I was fortunate enough to finally meet JULIE EBERSOLE!!! Yahoo! She is such a fun and happy person! Such a talent! Here I am with Julie! (Yes, I am even shorter than she is...lol!) Because I was finishing up my teaching re-certification classes this past weekend, I didn't have the opportunity to take one of their classes, but I made sure I drove out to the stamp store just so I could visit with them for a moment.

Being around all of this talent, I was inspired to use my A Muse stamps, and make some holiday ornaments for my mother-in-law. Her church was having their annual holiday craft fair. These little tins are actually wedding favor tins from Wilton. I got them in a package of 30 from Michaels. Julie told me that she uses watchmaker tins from leevalley.com to make her ornaments. I stamped all of my A Muse images on circles and then I adhered them to the inside of the tin. I made two little holes with my paper piercer for the silver cord. Next, I added a little bit of imitation snow (next time I'll try cotton...this was a bit messy for me...lol!), put the clear, metal rimmed, lid on and then ran red line tape around the outer edge of the tin. Over the tape, I added my gingham ribbon. Then I added a bow to the top to finish it off.




I'm sorry that the pictures are a bit all over the place. I had a little trouble in the editting and resizing department today...lol! I hope that you are warm and cozy where you are...Old Man Winter has arrived here and brought the cold weather with him! Thanks so much for stopping by...Toodles! :D

5 comments:

Tracy said...

You are a lucky girl! Isn't Julie amazing?! She is so full of energy and just an all around cool chick. So glad you had a chance to meet her.

LOVE, LOVE all of your ornaments. These would make excellent teacher gifts. Were did you get the containers?

Have a wonderful day!
Tracy

Kristen said...

Kim, these are so cute. I line in Nashua. Where did you get to see Julie? I know they were around Ink About it, and The paper Tree. I hope you had fun>

Stamp and Smile said...

I just LOVE these ornaments! So fun to make... thanks for sharing your talent! Smiles... :)

Anonymous said...

These are wonderful!!
How fun you got to meet Julie! Great picture!!

Clara said...

So glad you finally got to meet Julie. These little ornaments are really cute.