Monday, September 1, 2008

Kooky Costumes with a Twist!

Today is Storage Units, Ink and More's September release, and what a release it is!! Have you seen all of the new sets yet? No? Well then, go ahead and check them out here! For this card, I used the Kooky Costumes set and instead of making a card for Halloween, I tried for a birthday card. I immediately though of birthdays when I saw this cupcake, so I used some fun and girly party colors that were inspired by this sheet of Stampin' Up designer paper (Core'dinations Nassau Blue, Malaysian Orchid, and Sugan-N-Spice). The sentiment and punches were also from Stampin' Up. The button came from my stash and I used a marker to color some white grosgrain to match the orchid cardstock. If you click on the photograph, you'll be able to see the Star Dust Stickles that I used.

Hope you like my little twist on this new Halloween set! Thanks so much for stopping by...Toodles!!! :D

3 comments:

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

Soooo Cute! I love how you used the set to make a birthday card. This is great! I love versitile stamps:)

Clara said...

Great job making this into a birthday card instead.

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

I was thinking birthday too! Ü