Thursday, July 3, 2008

Butterfly Garden!

I have two things to share with you today! Both use Storage Units, Ink & More's new set, Butterfly Garden. My card uses a color combination that I haven't tried before...Stampin' Up's Chocolate Chip, Certainly Celery, and Core'dinations Heartfelt (a shade similar to Rose Red). My butterfly is stamped on a square of Papertrey's Stamper's Select White Cardstock and colored up with my watercolor pencils. I added some Star Dust Stickles to make the sparkly wings and I paper pierced around the image to add a little interest before I layered this image onto a scallop square make with my Nesties. A touch of May Arts ribbon and a little bit faux stitching complete my card.

The next project that I have to share is something that my little one and I created to give to the Principal and the Administrative Assistant at school. I took care of the designing and he took care of the coloring...lol! We started off with a little tin that I picked up for $1.00 at Target and then we added an ivy plant from the local florist. These butterfly images and sentiment are also from the Storage Units, Ink & More set, Butterfly Garden. One of the nice things about this set is that it has it's share of elegant looking butterfly images and cute ones as well. We made the little front decoration with my oval classic and scallop Nesties. I attached it to the tin with Stampin' Up dimensionals. To make the smaller version of a garden stake, we used circle classic and scallop Nesties and a wooden skewer. A token of thanks for two ladies that do so much for our school.

Thank you so much for stopping by today...Toodles!!! :D

2 comments:

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Hi Kimberley , Love your gorgeous butterfly card, and such a fab idea to create these garden pot stakes. Have a great weekend. Hugs Nikki x

Clara said...

What a great gift and a fun project for you and your little one to work on together. Tell the little one I think the coloring is just great! :)