Sunday, March 30, 2008

Last of the March Birthdays!!!

When March rolls around, I know that I need to get busy making birthday cards. There are so many of them between my family and my friends. This one will be for my aunt. Her birthday is tomorrow.

I used Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge to start me off. The more I look at this card, the happier I am. This is a good thing because this card has taken me close to two hours to make!!! Nothing seemed to go right at first, but it finally took a turn for the better. Thank goodness I had such a great sketch to start off with...Thanks Beate! I used many of my new goodies...Square Nesties (Scallop and Classic), Imaginisce paper, and my new flower stamp is also from Imaginisce. I picked it up for $1.00 at my local scrapbook store. I colored it up with my Watercolor Pencils and Stampin' Up Blender Pen. I also used Papertrey Ink's Paper Tray set for the sentiment, some May Arts ribbon, and some of Stampin' Up's Pumpkin Pie Card Stock. Hopefully, Aunt Loretta will like it too!

Thanks so much for stopping by...Toodles! :D

11 comments:

Tracy said...

CUTE! CUTE! CUTE! What a find for a $1. You turned it into a masterpiece. Thanks for sharing another great card with us!

Trudee said...

I looooooooooove this card, Kimberly!! Also love love love that stamp!! OMG a buck? I need to hop on over to Michaels and find it!

Samantha Esqueda said...

Thank you for your wonderful comment- I love your cards- They are so cute. Love the scallops around your images- and the owl card speaks volumes!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous and happy card, Kimberly. I love how you continued the flowers in the square as well.
Hugs and smiles

Debbie Olson said...

So clean and fresh, Kimberly--great job!

Wendy said...

Cute card! I was just at Michael's yesterday and I totally rummaged through the $1 bin and didn't see this one. What a great find though. TFS!

jjcreations said...

Great job for Beate's challenge. Joan

Clara said...

I just love this card! Colors, layout, ribbon, all just great! What a great find for $1 that image was. :)

Anonymous said...

This is a darling card...you did a great job with the layout and colours...wish I was Aunt Loretta!! TFS: Tinla

Bethany Paull said...

What a great row of flowers, in such a gorgeous mix of colors. Love it.

Corie said...

Love this -- so adorable!!