Wednesday, November 28, 2007

A Winter's Song



I drove over an hour on Black Friday to get this new Elzybells stamp!!! It was so worth it! I used the Sketch Challenge from SCS to get me started today. Then I pulled out this "Out On A Whim" patterened paper from Imaginisce. It has a nice weight and a little bit of texture to it. I stamped my little precious Elzy onto watercolor paper with Black Stazon. Taking the burgandy color from the paper, I then got to work with my watercolor crayons. I sponged on a little bit of So Saffron Ink so that the white background would blend in with the patterned paper a bit more. Of course I HAD to add some Stickles for the snow! My Cuttlebug came to the rescue to provide me with the tiny scalloped circle. The sentiment is from SU's retired set called Tiny Talk. It just seemed to fit. I used gold cording to attach it to some olive and gold ribbon that I found at Michaels. The gold brads (Making Memories) added the little something that I needed on the striped panel.

Enjoy the rest of your day! Thanks so much for stopping by...Toodles! :D

4 comments:

Linda SS said...

I love your color combo on your cute Elzy, and you added the perfect amount of sparkle...very nice:)

Debby Winters said...

How very very cute your card is! I love your colours.

michelle sturgeon said...

I LOVE your blog title!
I found you through Allison.
Your card is very pretty and very cute!

Kathy W said...

Adorable. Great colors and layout. Thanks for sharing.